Nuria Rendón was born in Sevilla in 1978. She studied Chemistry at the University of Sevilla (1996-2001) and she got her Ph. D. in Chemistry in 2005 with a thesis on the reactivity of TpMe2Ir complexes towards alkynes carried out at the Instituto de Investigaciones Químicas (CSIC-Universidad de Sevilla) under the supervision of M. Paneque and M. L. Poveda. Later she moved to the Laboratoire de Chemie Organometallique de Surface (CNRS, CPE Lyon, Villeurbanne, France) for a postdoctoral stay with Dr. Christophe Copéret (2006-2008). In January 2009, she returned to the Inorganic Chemistry Department of the University of Seville as a “Ramon y Cajal” fellow, then became Associate Professor in 2015 and since 2017 is Professor in the same department.
Current Research Areas
- Synthesis, characterization and reactivity of iridium and ruthenium complexes containing lutidine-derived pincer-type ligands: C-H activation and catalytic studies in (de)hydrogenation reactions.
- Reactivity and mechanistic studies of organometallic complexes containing bulky ligands (cyclopentadienyls, aminopyridinates, tris(pyrazolyl)borate,…).
- Immovilization of catalysts on silica gel-type surfaces using surface organometallic chemistry.
Selected recent publications:
- Ana Zamorano, Nuria Rendón, Joaquín López-Serrano, José E. V. Valpuesta, Eleuterio Álvarez, and Ernesto Carmona.Dihydrogen Catalysis of the Reversible Formation and Cleavage of C—H and N—H Bonds of Aminopyridinate Ligands Bound to (h5-C5Me5)IrIII. Eur. J. 2015, 21, 2576-2587.
- Ana Zamorano, Nuria Rendón, José E. V. Valpuesta, Eleuterio Álvarez, and Ernesto Carmona. Synthesis and Reactivity toward H2 of (h5-C5Me5)Rh(III) complexes with bulky aminopyridinate ligands. Chem. 2015, 54, 6573-6581.
- Ángela Vivancos, Nuria Rendón, Margarita Paneque, Manuel L. Poveda and Eleuterio Álvarez. Reactivity of a Tp-Iridacyclopentene Complex. Organometallics 2015, 34, 5438-5453.
- Práxedes Sánchez, Martín Hernández-Juárez, Eleuterio Álvarez, Margarita Paneque, Nuria Rendón and Andrés Suárez. Synthesis, structure and reactivity of Pd and Ir complexes based on new lutidine-derived NHC/phosphine mixed pincer ligands. Dalton Trans. 2016, 45, 16997–17009.
- Margarita Paneque and Nuria Rendón. Iridabenzenes and Iridanaphthalenes with Supporting Tris(pyrazolyl)borate Ligands. Metallabenzenes (Wiley) 2017, Chapter 4, 145-183.
- Margarita Gómez, Nuria Rendón, Eleuterio Álvarez, Kurt Mereiter, Manuel L. Poveda, and Margarita Paneque. Functionalization of 3-iridacyclopentenes. Eur. J. 2017, 23, 16346–16356.
- Ana Zamorano, Nuria Rendón, Joaquín López-Serrano, Eleuterio Álvarez, and Ernesto Carmona. Activation of Small Molecules by the Metal-Amido Bond of Rhodium(III) and Iridium(III) (h5-C5Me5)M-Aminopyridinate Complexes. Inorg. Chem. 2018, 57, 150−162